Small wedding ceremonies
The ultimate in romantic weddings or commitment ceremonies – surrounded by spectacular rainforest
As a unique romantic rainforest wedding ceremony venue, Crystal Creek Rainforest Retreat provides the perfect setting for your special day. As we are a private, tranquil retreat, we are only able to host very small weddings, ranging from just the bride, groom, celebrant and witnesses up to the inclusion of a few close friends and family members - a maximum of 10 people in all.
Alternatively if you book all of the accommodation at the retreat, then more can attend the ceremony.
We have a variety of unique locations for your ceremony. You may wish to be married on the banks of our pristine creek under a 400-year-old Blue Quandong Fig – or on our expansive lawn surrounded by rainforest trees with the most magnificent view of the world heritage-listed Mount Springbrook.
Unfortunately, however, we are unable to cater for any receptions. Many couples make their own arrangements or book a local restaurant in Murwillumbah or another nearby town for the reception.
Dear Mark and Bronny,
Thank you so much for an amazing time at Crystal Creek Rainforest Retreat. Our ceremony was exactly what we wanted and Crystal Creek just made it extra special.
We will definitely be back as will our witnesses who were blown away.
Thank you again the most special day of our lives was perfect and truly unforgettable.
– Damian and Clare
Rainforest Wedding Package
We set up a special romantic place in the rainforest. Our beautiful 400-year-old fig tree on the edge of the pristine creek is the backdrop for your magic moment. We light numerous pole candles around the massive buttress roots of the giant tree. The beautifully prepared table and chairs with a white table cloth, a dozen red roses, champagne and glasses look spectacular in ourenchanted rainforest!
- Set-up – table, white table cloth, chairs and glasses
- Flowers – one dozen long-stem red roses
- Champagne - Moet in an ice bucket
- Two champagne flutes – yours to keep, these special Bohemia Crystal celebratory flutes are etched with the Crystal Creek Rainforest Retreat logo and two interlocked hearts
- Chocolates - Belgian chocolates
- Flower petal "carpet"
- Pole candles – 16 lit amongst the roots of the 400-year-old fig tree, in the rainforest next to the creek
Ceremony pricing $500.00 – venue only, excludes accommodation
Other additional options
- One hundred candles in the bungalow on arrival (not lit) – $50
- Moet champagne on arrival – $100
- Rose petal heart and trail in your bungalow on arrival (petals from 20 roses) – $80
- 100 candles placed into your bungalow and lit at a set time – $150
- Combined rose petal heart and 100 candles lit as a surprise at a set time while you are out for a walk – $200